That being said, baseball did not distract me from shopping. I'm proud to report that all the gifts I needed to buy are bought and in my house, with a couple extra gifts bought in case I need a quick, small gift for something unexpected. None of them are wrapped or bagged yet--but the gifts have been bought, the trimmings/wrapping have been bought, and all I've gotta do it put it all together. Phew! I have one gift left to make (I have the materials, but I'm going to be extraordinarily picky about the creation of this gift--both because I'm a perfectionist and because that gift is for someone very special), and I also have one gift to glitterfy (one of my friends is morally opposed to glitter, which means his present needs to be freakin' teeming with it. 'Tis the season to be kind and evil all at the same time!).
But I realize that you, dear readers, are probably not done your shopping yet. I also realize that many of you are female and are trying to figure out exactly the right thing to get your male counterpart. Now, this year it was fairly easy for me to come up with good gifts for my boyfriend (I put a lot of thought into it--bought him a couple things I think he'll like, and he's also the recipient of the aforementioned creative gift that I'm making), but it hasn't always been so easy to figure out good gifts for guys. So the theme of this week's Shop Talk with The Grammarphile is...
GREAT GIFTS FOR YOUR GUY
(I realize this sounds like a headline from some silly women's magazine, but whatever. I swear I won't start posting about embarrassing period stories or vajazzling. Promise!)
If your man digs sports...
* Today is the last day to take 40% off custom adult jerseys at MLB.com!
* Can't decide on a jersey he'd like? Get him a gift card to MLB.com instead--he can use it to purchase anything on MLB.com or to purchase tickets to see select teams.
* Oh, that's right--there are other sports besides baseball! For a limited time, NFL.com is offering 15% off all apparel!
* Looking for a unique gift--perhaps an autographed or game-used item? I recommend Steiner Sports.
If your guy's a fashion plate...
* This Invicta Men's 0394 Russian Diver Collection Combat Edition Black Polyurethane Watch is currently on sale for $119.99, down from $475.01. That's a savings of 80%! I love this watch--it's sharp, sleek, and stylish.
* If he'd like a less sleek, more gadgety-looking watch, this Stuhrling Original Men's Winchester 44 Automatic Skeleton Black Dial Watch is another nice choice. It's $139.29, down from $355.71 (72% discount).
* You don't want him to go snowblind--so why not go for a nice pair of sunglasses? These snazzy Diesel sunglasses are on sale right now (from $69.32 to $74.89, down from $125). You'll get free 2-day shipping, too!
* This navy blue Matt & Nat teller wallet is very sleek-looking--and on sale! Just $41.25, down from $75, and you get free 2-day shipping.
If he's a creative cook...
* Do you fondue? If not, you should try it (I love making my own fondue--from cheese fondue to chocolate fondue--and finding interesting things to dip in the pot)! This festive, red Swissmar Sierra 11-Piece Meat Fondue set is awesome--perfect for a romantic meal for two or a dinner with a couple close friends!
* Making your own sushi would be a fun culinary adventure. This Sushi Chef Sushi Making set will give you all you need to try it for yourself!
* This holiday season, give the gift of caffeine! Seriously, how freakin' cool is this Bodum Santos Stovetop Glass Vacuum 34-Ounce Coffee Maker that comes with two heated mugs? I'm a tea fanatic, not a coffee drinker, and even I would be curious to try this!
Happy shopping, everyone! :)